Oreo drip cake
• 395g self-raising flour
• 365g soft brown sugar
• 78g cocoa powder
• ½ tsp. salt
• 150ml water Vanilla extract
• 165 ml veg oil
• 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
• 350g vegan spread
• 750g icing sugar
• 1 tbs vanilla
• 1 pack whizzed up Oreos
• 200g dark chocolate
• 100g vegan cream
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. Boil the kettle and pour the water into a jug to cool.
3. Line 3 7” tins with baking parchment.
4. Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt ensuring it is all blended.
5. Add the water, oil, vinegar and then mix until combined.
6. Split into 3 tins and bake for 30 mins until a knife comes out clean when stuck in the cake.
For the frosting:
1. Beat together the vegan spread, vanilla and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in the crushed Oreos and mix until combined.
1. Melt the cream and chocolate together in the microwave or over a pan of water until completely smooth and combined.
1. Stack your cakes with the frosting and then give the whole cake a rough crumb coat.
2. Leave in the fridge to chill for 30 mins.
3. Do a final coat of icing trying to make it as neat as possible.
4. Crush up some Oreos to press around the base of the cake.
5. Now load the ganache into a piping bag and pipe your drips all around the cake and then use a pallet knife to smooth ganache all over the top of the cake.
6. Use your excess buttercream to pipe swirls around to top of the cake sticking Oreos into each to give the cake some extra heigh.
(Recipe originated from @Juliet Sear. She has an amazing youtube video on how to make it- give it a look before making it)