Carrot Cake Muffins
• 200 g carrots (grated finely)
• 200 g spelt flour
• 100g ground hazelnuts
• 100g stevia or another sweetener
• 2 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 100g unsweetened applesauce
• 50ml coconut oil
• 130 ml dairy-free milk (soya or another)
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Grate the carrots and set them aside.
- Whisk together the apple sauce, coconut oil, dairy-free milk, stevia, vinegar and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Add the flour to the bowl. Add ground hazelnuts, baking powder, baking soda, a pinch of salt, cinnamon and mix everything.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and mix briefly until just combined. Then fold in the grated carrots.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool down.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkle over pistachios and marzipan carrots for decoration (optional).
- Enjoy !