For the crust:
• 200g wallnuts
• 175g pitted dates
For the filling:
• 350g soft dates (pitted)
• 60g coconut cream
• 40g peanut butter
For the topping:
• 3 bananas (sliced)
• 1 cup whipped coconut cream
• dark chocolate (grated)
1. Add the walnuts and pitted dates to the food processor and process. It will first be crumbly and then gradually will become doughy and start to stick together as the Process until it reaches this sticky dough stage.
2. Transfer to a pie dish and press down firmly, working it up along the sides a little bit. Place into the freezer to set while you make the filling.
3. To make the date caramel a bit easier, you can put the dates in hot water and let them soak for some minutes.
4. Add the dates to the food processor and process. Heat the coconut cream in the microwave for 30 seconds and then add gradually while the food processor is running. You are going for a very creamy date caramel texture here. Thick is good, but you want it to be smooth and creamy. Add in the peanut butter and process until well mixed in.
5. Spread the date caramel filling out over the walnut/date crust and smooth it out. Return to the freezer to set.
6. To make your whipped cream, you need to have had a can of coconut cream chilling in the fridge overnight at least.
7. Remove the chilled can from the fridge, being careful not to shake it. Open it and you’ll see the cream has risen to the top, leaving the watery part behind. Scoop out only this cream section into the bowl of an electric mixer.
8. Start at slow speed and then gradually increase speed until the cream is whipped.
Slice your bananas and then lightly brush them with freshly squeezed lemon juice to avoid discolouration.
9. Spread a layer of banana on top of the caramel layer. Then spread your whipped cream on top and then add the rest of the sliced banana and finish off with some grated dark chocolate.